help need with internet settings

drdeath 14:02 22 Jun 04

Hello all, i recently used a program called "system mechanic" to help speed up my internet connection and generally clean my pc up, unfortuately after running this program, i now am unable to connect to the internet via internet explorer, when i click on IE- properties/connection/ choose settings, the area marked "never dial a connection" has a dot in it suggesting that when i click on Ie IT WILL NOT DIAL A CONNECTION, so at this point i go to setup ( internet connection wizard) to try and rectify this by setting up the relevant internet connection/account, but the internet connection wizard does not allow me to proceed to set up a new internet connection, i keep recieving the message "the internet connection wizard has not yet finished setting up your connection" IT WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO FULLY PROCEED WITH THIS any help would be grateful thank you p.s im with ukonline windows 98

beeuuem 14:09 22 Jun 04

Have you tried changing the setting in IE > Tools > Internet options > connections to 'Always dial my default connection' ?

drdeath 14:36 22 Jun 04

yes i have but the area 'Always dial my default connection' ? is blacked out!!!!! i cant access this

SEASHANTY 16:13 22 Jun 04

The black dot in never dial a connection. Click on the dot to remove it.

beeuuem 17:25 22 Jun 04

Do you have an ISP connection in the box called 'Dial Up and Virtual Private Network settings' ?
If there is nothing in the box can you add a connection from the Add button?

drdeath 18:15 22 Jun 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…