Help need with installing new graphics card

erkmatrix 20:26 19 Apr 10

I'm having trouble with my new ATI 5770 Vapor-X graphics card.

My system is Windows 7 64-bit and an up to date spec PC that's only a couple of months old.

What I had in before was Nvidia 8800 GTX, I disabled this in device manager before hand, downloaded the Catalyst 10.3 from Sapphires website and then shut it down and installed, did notice it only had 1 power connection instead of 2 like my last card. I then powered up and it said I had a new CPU and Fatal Error. I switched it off and back on again, this time it loaded up OK and recongnized the card Windows 7 started updated it automatically but then seem to stop so I double clicked on the Catalyst 10.3 file and it started running through the installation. But when it said it needed to reboot it came back and my monitor said out of range, switch that on and off again and I get to see my desktop again. But a "The Catalyst Control Center is not supported by the driver version of your enabledd graphics adapter. Please update you ATI graphics driver, or enable your ATI adapter using the Displays Manager." ati popup screen and under my device manager I notice it has my display as standard VGA Graphics Adapter.

Can anyone help with what's best thing to do or do I have a dud card or something.

Cheers

citadel 22:30 19 Apr 10

uninstall nvidia drivers with uninstaller, you can use driver cleaner to get rid of all traces. download the catalist driver save to desktop double click to install.

User-312386 22:38 19 Apr 10

As said, uninstall the old card drivers, which are the nvidia graphics driver and not the chipset driver!

erkmatrix 09:13 20 Apr 10

Great guys thanks, should of checked that it had uninstalled Nvidia just thought it did all the Nvidia drivers when you click uninstall in device manager. I just used Your Insinstaller program and got rid, double clicked my catalyst 10.3 and didn't even get rid of what it put on yesterday when I installed this, it updated with a few things but didn't take more than a couple of seconds this time, said I needed a reboot, and it comes back working. Relief

thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant