Help need to get rid of xp

Demora 20:46 03 Feb 05

Hi.

I have tried everything I can find to either do a total reinstall of Win xp home and remove everything off my hard drive. I want to clean the drive up renew everything., Unlike win 98 etc I cannot use format. There has to be a way.

So far All I can come up with is buying a new hard drive and starting from there. Its driving me mad. No to tears. some of the windows files seem to be missing.

I just want a blank clean hard drive.

TIA
Demora

Alex-188000 20:47 03 Feb 05

Format it using the win xp disk

VoG II 20:48 03 Feb 05
  alan227 20:55 03 Feb 05

Why not try a repair install this will leave your documents and folders intact.
There is a good walkthrough from Powerless at this URL.
click here

Demora 21:11 03 Feb 05

I don't want my docs and folders. I don't want anything at all on the drive that was there before.

I'm not getting the right menus when I put the xp cd into the drive. its not asking meif I want to do a clean install It wants to put a parallel version on there or attempt to install to myother hard drive.

I have all my stuff emails doc pictures important things also backed up to dvd.

Demora

Cuddles 22:10 03 Feb 05

Boot from a windows 98 floppy and format the drive.

Completealias 22:17 03 Feb 05

KIlldisk will wipe everything on the drive found click here including the partion. You will then need to recreate a partion and format it which you should be able to do with the xp disc if not then boot with 98 boot disc change to the c drive and type fdisk create a primary partion then reboot and format by typing format c:

Then try booting with xp disc again

VoG II 22:20 03 Feb 05
  Demora 22:36 03 Feb 05

Ah Like the 'Kill disk'

I may be back.

Thank you All

Demora

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…