Help Navman s30 Won't Load

suttyboy9 18:49 27 Apr 09

Someone help me please my Navman s30 was working fine this morning i came to use it just and it wont load up, it comes up with "maps Loading" and then does nothing any one got any ideas?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:06 27 Apr 09

hard reset the device:

Press down and hold the power button for approx 10 seconds until powers off.
Wait 30 seconds and press the power button, the device should then load as normal.

suttyboy9 20:08 27 Apr 09

It didn't work

When i turn it on it comes up with the user agreement and then goes to the loading maps screen.

The loading maps bar loads but then it crashes on the same screen

anchor 12:34 28 Apr 09

I have no knowledge of the Navman series, (I have a TomTom).

I suggest you may get more advise from a respected dedicated Navman UK forum like this:

click here

Register, and post your question.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:41 28 Apr 09

Sounds as if you have a corrupted map file. perhaps you will need to connect to your PC and reinstall a new set of maps

anchor 08:34 29 Apr 09

It does sound like a corrupted map file, however you will have to pay for a new set of maps.

Did you make a back up of before the problem arose?; if so, try a re-install from that.

indigoblueusa 04:41 21 Jun 09

This happened to many new Navman S30's, as the problem lies with an outdated NavDesk 2008. The solution is quite simple and easy. Just download the latest version of NavDesk 2008 from Navman.com, and install that on your PC.

Once you have installed the latest NavDesk 2008, run the program and connect your Navman to it. Follow the instructions and update your Navman S30 accordingly.

That will solve your problem fully.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…