help my widescreen!

Nixsound 15:30 06 Mar 07

Hi peeps, since you lot helped me so efficiently on my last posting I am certain someone can help.
I have just bought a 19inch widescreen monitor and I simply can't adjust the resolution to fit, plus when I increase the res, the desktop gets bigger. I have installed the latest drivers from nvidias website. What is going on and how can I fix it?
Please help folks

anskyber 15:42 06 Mar 07

You should adjust the screen to the native setting for your monitor. Do you have that info?

anskyber 15:43 06 Mar 07

I should have added are you sure your graphics card supports a widescreen format?

Nixsound 15:49 06 Mar 07

I'm not sure how to find that info. I have looked under the device manager and all it says is 'microsoft plug and play device'. Should this be specific to the monitor? Asus VW192S 19" Widescreen.

anskyber 15:57 06 Mar 07

The resolution for your screen is 1440 x 900 so try setting it to that resolution.

Nixsound 16:07 06 Mar 07

I've set the res to 1440 x 900 and it works a lot better thanks guys. I'm going to try a custon res to see if I can't make it even better.

woodchip 16:13 06 Mar 07

Right click the Graphics card icon in system tray near to clock and choose the resolution

woodchip 16:14 06 Mar 07

PS if icon is not there it will have been disabled in msconfig file

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…