Help with my website

Lizzyco 20:17 16 Jul 05

I have a personal website that I have created for the gymnastic club were I teach and it is ok to look at but I built it with wanadoo and they host it. I am fed up with their adverts always hogging the top of the webpage and would like to build a new website but I haven't a clue were to start. Can anyone help me out? I am a complete novice so no big technical jargon please.

Forum Editor 23:07 16 Jul 05

You can do this, but we might need to handle it in stages.

The first thing to do is to get a copy of the existing site on your hard drive. If you are fairly happy with it you might be able to save yourself a bit of time by importing it into whatever software you'll be using later, and adapting it to suit.

Having done that it would be best to register a domain name for your club, and have it hosted by a 'proper' web host. This isn't as complicated or expensive as you might think, and you'll have the best possible platform from which to launch the site.

Next, you'll need some software - I think NetObjects Fusion would be a good starting point, although Microsoft FrontPage would be just as good if you find it easier to get hold of a copy of that. We ran a free copy of NetObjects Fusion on the cover disk a while back, but I'm afraid I have no idea which issue it was - maybe someone else has a copy of the CD lying around which they might donate.

Once you've got your domain name sitting there, and you have NetObjects installed on your computer we can get going.

Let us know if that sounds OK from your point of view and then we'll sort out any specific problems you might have. Together we can get the site up and running from start to finish.

Lizzyco 10:35 17 Jul 05

I have already registered my domain name but I now need to find a reputable host. Any ideas or suggestions?

AndySD 12:41 17 Jul 05

I am usinf 1 & 1 click here The forum editor uses click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…