Help with my researching skills?

YinHoNg 12:44 19 Jun 05

Hey PCA. I'm trying to develop my researching skills on the internet. Whenever i try to look for information on the internet, i only get what i really want about 50% of the time.

But even when i do get a hit, there are usually better sites out there for my purpose.

I know there are some people who are brilliant at using google, who'll find what they want in 5 minutes whatever the subject.

Thus, i was hoping if anyone could give me any pointers on how to develop my google(and generally researching) skills as i think this is THE most important skill i can have whilst using the internet.

Joe R 12:45 19 Jun 05
  YinHoNg 12:50 19 Jun 05

Thanks Joe R. But can i ask you, if i was looking for a good golf forum, my requirements would be this:

a large community(over 5000 people)
based in the uk

What would YOU put in google to fit those requirements?

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:54 19 Jun 05

click here 5000+ members are unlikely in a golf forum though.

G

Dorsai 13:00 19 Jun 05

click here

This any help?

wky 15:07 19 Jun 05

I firstly would just google key words and find look through the list, after the first three pages you most probably wont find what you're looking for, it's the first page which is important. You just need to look at the results and see if it's relevant straight away.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…