Hi everyone, hope you can help me!
i'm running:

Pentium 4 3ghz prescott
1gb crucial ram
onboard graphics
dvd r/w
160gb hdd
with a tv card and another sound card in there

and my pc just freezes (no response from mouse or keyboard just the screen as i was using it before) i have tried moving the memory around, i have cleaned the cpu and heat sink and put some new thermal gel on there and even put my PSU outside the case. the CPU temp is 41 degrees which is acceptable i think. I'm absolutely stumpped now to be honest so any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

Russ

anskyber 16:29 15 Nov 06

Any recents downloads or updates?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:39 15 Nov 06

FReeezing PC

1. Overheat due to faulty / blocked fans

2. PSU voltages

3. Household power surges fridge etc switching on/off

4. faulty memory stick try memtest click here

5. virus or spyware scan for both especially if shutting down with in a few minutes of switch on or internet use

6. driver conflicts especially grahics cards get the latest drivers for your equipment

Kingruss 16:41 15 Nov 06

No updates have been done, it was doing it a few weeks ago so i reinstalled windows and its still doing it. it wont be surges as ive just moved house and it was doing it at the old place.ive checked drivers and theyre all fine.

FreeCell 18:20 15 Nov 06

To clarif. Does it freeze and then require restart, or just freeze for a moment (no response from mouse and keyboard)and then carry on without any errors?

Anything in the Event viewer?

Kingruss 19:38 15 Nov 06

Hi, it freezes and i have to restart it.

rsinbad 20:13 15 Nov 06

does it then restart normally?

Kingruss 20:15 15 Nov 06

yeah it goes back into windows fine with no error report box which is why im assuming its a hardware issue.

Technotiger 20:18 15 Nov 06

Hi, is your mouse/keyboard cordless? If so, then these two would be first suspect.

If not cordless, but USB, try another USB port.

Batteries??

Cheers.

Kingruss 20:19 15 Nov 06

nope, dont have any USB devices plugged in at all

rsinbad 20:47 15 Nov 06

look in the event veiwer to see if there are any problems, could be a memory problen,try
disable quick POST in bios see if that helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…