Help my new HDD see my old SATA HDD please?

Tinkey Winkey 11:47 04 Feb 07

I have installed Win XP on an old IDE PATA HDD to gain acces to my original SATA HDD documents.

The original SATA HDD won't boot because of corruption in the windows installation.

I can't get the PATA drive to see the original SATA drive?

I've right clicked on my comp>manage>storage>disk management(local) to list all HDD but it's not listed?

I need to gain access to the original SATA drive to back up documents before attempting a restore operation, or failing that a fresh windows reinstall.

Tinkey Winkey 11:59 04 Feb 07

I disconnected the original SATA HDD when installing the PATA HDD so that the PATA HDD has now become C drive.
I've reconnected the SATA drive.
I use F8 on boot up to select a drive but I cannot even see the old SATA HDD listed?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:33 04 Feb 07

When you installed windows on the PATA drive did you Press F6 to install the raid / SATA drivers?

You need to load the rais drvers off the motherboard CD before windows can see the sata drive.

Tinkey Winkey 12:45 04 Feb 07

I have secondanodary SATA HDD which was found using the above method.
No raid/sata drivers were required to find that one?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:53 04 Feb 07

Check data and power leads to and from motherboard for your bad sata drive.

Tinkey Winkey 22:09 04 Feb 07

Doh! The sata cable had come loose!
Have started the tedius process of saving documents to DVDs and also the secondary HDD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…