help with my new canon printer

jesta 19:29 23 Sep 05

hi,
i just brought the canon pixma ip2000 and for some reason i cant find any options where i can choose whether to use black or colour ink.is there a way?
i have never owned a canon printer before so i dont know if they have this function or where it is situated as i have been using epson up until today.

cheers

Stuartli 19:55 23 Sep 05

What a strange question.

Have you looked in the manual?

A printer will work in black and/or colour as per instructions sent to it from your system - you can't pick and choose all black (including what would be colour areas) as far as I'm aware.

Even if you took the colour cartridges out (at least in the case of the Canon I use to own) it would only print the black areas or text and leave spaces where colours should be.

If you just want to print in all black than a mono laser is the best bet.

woodchip 19:57 23 Sep 05

It should be in properties when you choose print

jesta 20:05 23 Sep 05

the reason im asking is because im use to use an epson stylus 880 and that printer i can choose from black or colour,i just assumed you could.yeh i have checked the manual it says nothing.

and i cant seem to find an option in proerties woodchip.

can somebody confirm if what stuartli says is right?

trevpearson 20:14 23 Sep 05

Is there an option in your print properties to print in 'greyscale'? That usually turns off the colour cartridge and gives you black only.

stalion 20:16 23 Sep 05

you can download brochures here hopefully to help you click here

stalion 20:24 23 Sep 05
  jesta 21:03 23 Sep 05

yeah there is that option,so by selecting that it means it will use the black catridge?

thanks for the help stalion but that didnt help me much.

stalion 21:11 23 Sep 05

ok we tried, if you save my last link and put your printer model in search there is a 370 page faq with answers to questions regarding your printer which may be handy in the future

stalion 21:31 23 Sep 05

one of the faq's tells you it also uses colour ink when printing black

Stuartli 23:30 23 Sep 05

..for a printer...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…