help with my graphics

dwhiteley 11:30 04 Jan 04

well i had to fomat had drive i installed windows xp pro well now i cant play dvd films i used to when i had xp home and also cant play games it says check to see if u have directx 8.1 or higher well i got 9, also says see if video card meet with requirment well it used to play the games on no i got no graphics card got on board ones

AndySD 11:55 04 Jan 04

Check to see that you have loaded the latest motherboard and graphics drivers from the motherboard manufacturers website. If you dont know the make/model of the motherboard then use Belarc click here

AndySD 13:05 04 Jan 04

From e-mail

Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A7S266VX REV 1.xx
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software, Inc. ACPI BIOS Revision 1003VX 05/16/2002

and my reply

Hi is it a Sony PC if so go to the Sony Website click here if not who makes the PC?

dfghjkl 13:51 04 Jan 04

i had this problem after i reinstalled my xp pro,i tried to watch a dvd in wmp but it said i did not have the right software,i then installed power dvd and it was ok.i had wrongly presumed that wmp would play dvd without extra software.not sure why it wont play games.have you reinstalled the motherboard drivers and any seperate graphics drivers?

AndySD 14:32 04 Jan 04

Its a Viao click here and Click on "Enter as a Viao User" and follow it through to Downloads.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…