Help: My email connection keeps disconnecting

dutchauntie 17:30 01 Jul 05

using MS Outlook express (WinXP-pro) my connection disappears as sson as new emails have been put into my in-box (worked normal until last week; A damn nuisance if an email-advert- has images or a link.)
Internet connections stay online, when leaving a website.
I have not downloaded programs, except MS-,Spybot and AVG upgrades.
I have NOT ticked the "disconnect when finished" box; tried to find info in "help", tools or manuals, without success.
Can anyone out there suggest something I must have overlooked?
Ta!
tiger

Dickptwo 13:08 03 Jul 05

I had your trouble, My ISP is Karoo. I rang their helpline and they refered me to Mailtoweb.com,it opens your mailbox and you can delete spam to lighten the load ,then go back to Outlook Express for your real mail

Daline 19:58 03 Jul 05

I had the same problem with two separate ISP's one said the error message meant I had to re-install my modem. However, I discovered a fault on the BT line outside my premises. Worth a try - get them to test the line

DieSse 21:01 03 Jul 05

Try ENabling the "Disconnect when finished" - close OE - open OE and check your mail.

Then DISable "Disconn...." - close OE - open OE and check your mail.

In other words, take the dsconnect setting through a complete cycle - I've seen that fix such apparent failures of settings on odd occasions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…