HELP MY DVD DRIVE AND DVD WRITER DISSAPEAR

VEG 23:53 07 Feb 05

Well as it says in title they keep dissapearing from my computer and i dont know why. Sometimes one drive will be there after re-boot i have checked the connections but to no avail. Any ideas?

THE TERMINATOR 01:42 08 Feb 05

Have you tried removing them in device manager, then re-boot and let windows automatically detect them and re-install the drivers for them. This should be the ticket....TT

pc moron 01:51 08 Feb 05

Which OS?

taffhughes 09:57 08 Feb 05

I had a similar problem, I lost the icon for my DVD ROM from my computer. After talking to my computer supplier help desk they got me to open my base unit (unplugged from the mains) and check all the connections to my DVD drive. I found that the "ribbon" socket was slightly loose and clicked back into place. On reconnecting to the main and powering up the DVD Drive reappeared and has worked correctly ever since

Stuartli 10:34 08 Feb 05

Loose or dislodged connections are the most likely cause, especially if the drives are not listed in Device Manager except when in Safe Mode.

Stuartli 10:51 08 Feb 05

Actually your title suggests that we enable you to make them disappear...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…