HELP!! my display has gone loopy!!

willymagic 19:57 01 Feb 06

hi can anyone please help me, i turned my computer on first thing this morning and im getting weird black lines all over my screen from start up, i can still click on the internet etc. but the screen has blocks of black lines all over, take a look here to see what i mean.. click here i have tried system restore but still no joy, it is driving me crazy, if anyone has any idea how i could fix this then that would be great!

many thanks. will

stalion 19:58 01 Feb 06

try re-seating your graphics card incase it's worked loose

willymagic 20:43 01 Feb 06

many thanks stalion.. will try that now. cheers

Mytob 23:27 01 Feb 06

my mom has been getting the same prob with a rm laptop. a restart seems to cure the prob but it ocasionaly comes back again. what causes it i have no idea and would be nice to no!

willymagic 07:52 02 Feb 06

hey thanks for that, nice to know im not the only one! restart doesnt seem to cure it for me though as it stays the same! :( cheers

Mytob 20:16 03 Feb 06

u got a spare crp monitor or can u get hold of one for a time m8? if so try with that and see what happens. if its a lcd they arent that reliable at the moment dew to it still being relativly new technology. you only get 1 year garantee from the leading manifacturesr so it jus shows dont it! :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos