help with music files and ID tags

jimmylove 13:50 18 Jan 03
  jimmylove 13:50 18 Jan 03

I've just spent a couple of days in Windows Media Player 9.0 editing all of the ID tags on over 4000 music files so that the titles and artist info is correct. I can't tell if these ID tags will now automatically be applied to the My Music folder or not. The problem is I want to transfer the entire contents of the My Music folder to an external hard drive (just bought a new Mac Powerbook and need to transfer all my music files). What I want to make sure of is that all the information I've edited will be transferred with the music files. I hope this make sense. Is there a way I can check the ID tags on all of my music files without using Windows Media Player, and what is the best way of transferring all of these files to iTunes 3 on my new Mac (bearing in mind there is almost 30Gb of data here)?

Thanks. Sorry for rambling...
James

Bun 16:48 18 Jan 03

I am assuming these are mp3 tags. You can download a music player called Winamp at click here This will cross ref your tags. You can drag and drop your music files into Winamp. Right click mouse on the music file and you will see File Info, left mouse click and it will give you the tags. Hope that's some help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…