HELP MSCONFIG ?

Green 1 17:21 18 Feb 03

Can anybody please help me, a friend of mine want`s to shut down some prog`s on start up and when he types in the MSCONFIG command in the Start/Run menu it comes up with "cannot find MS or Componants Etc", I would like to know if there is a way round this so he can shut the said prog`s down. He will be joining the Forums at the weekend but any help would be appreciated, many thanks for any answers, Thank You.

« Ravin » 17:23 18 Feb 03

strange..which o/s is he using?

beastieboy 17:32 18 Feb 03

It should be in C:\ Winsddasdasdasds*(*&(^W*W*W&*&*&*&*&*

Green 1 01:48 19 Feb 03

I forgot to tell you he`s on Win 98 and the upper case typing was me trying to highlight it, he types in lower. beastieboy, does he have to type what you have written in the box instead of "msconfig"? Many thanks for your replies.

temp003 03:47 19 Feb 03

There should be a file called msconfig.exe in the C:\Windows\system folder. Check if it's there. If not, download the 98 version from click here (scroll down to find the link to msconfig.exe), choose to save it to that folder (or save it anywhere, and copy it to the folder). Then you can Run it from the Start menu, or just double click the .exe file and it will work the same way.

Green 1 01:25 20 Feb 03

Many thanks temp003 I shall tell him and hope all goes well. Once again many thanks.

lisamaree 04:08 20 Feb 03

Try running other files like SFC if this errors as well then I would suggest a full anti virus scan there maybe a virus stopping him from running any EXE files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…