Help Mouse keeps moving across screen

Ged D 11:09 14 Nov 04

When I goto click on somthing my mouse pointer will shoot across the screen like it has a mind of its own , I have tried 2 differant Anti virus's about 4 spyware programs and formatted my machine but it still happens,Can anyone help.

Thanks Ged

Cuddles 11:36 14 Nov 04

Do you have a conventional mouse, if you do turn it over remove the ball and clean the rollers, this may help.

mikef. 12:28 14 Nov 04

Mine did that just before it died, if Cuddles suggestion does not work it could be on it's last legs

Kalb 12:56 14 Nov 04

What sort of rodent....if its wireless try changing the batteries

Ged D 14:53 14 Nov 04

No what happens is when i go to move my mouse over somthing to click it will shoot of to one side or when Igo to move the mouse to the left it will go in another direction it's not a mouse with a ball or wireless.

thanks ged

Graham ® 15:03 14 Nov 04

Do a search on the PC for 'crazy mouse'.

Ged D 18:12 14 Nov 04

Tried the search but to no joy (crazy mouse)

Thanks Ged

€dstowe 18:28 14 Nov 04

Do you have a graphics pad?

If so, check where the stylus (pen) is. If you leave the stylus near or resting on the pad it can cause a mouse to do crazy things. Answer? Move it.

Ged D 18:30 14 Nov 04

No I dont have a grphics pad but thanks anyway

Graham ® 19:29 14 Nov 04

It could be a worn cable, usually where it enters the mouse. Try waggling it.

Ged D 20:08 14 Nov 04

I dont think it is because it is fairly new,but thanks anyway Ged

Is there any virus's that causes symtoms like this or do you think its hardware trouble

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…