Help with mouse

WHU 13:59 21 Oct 06

Ive got a media centre pc and ive always used the joystick on the wireless keyboard as a mouse. But i would like to switch back to my old wired mouse. Ive plugged it into the back of my pc into the mouse socket but nothing happens. Ive gone into my control panel, and mouse options and had a look but im not quite sure what i have to do to get the mouse working.
Any help would be appreciated.

anskyber 14:04 21 Oct 06

In the hardware tab of the mouse settings in Control Panel are more than one mice identified?

rawprawn 14:07 21 Oct 06

Have a look in Device manager and see if it is showing there.Can you test the mouse on another computer since you haven't used it for some time.

WHU 14:08 21 Oct 06

Yes both say-
Name HID-compliant mouse
Type Mice and other pointing devices

anskyber 14:08 21 Oct 06

Did it come with drivres to load?

WHU 14:13 21 Oct 06

When i goto mouse properties and driver details it shows 3 drivers as follows-
c:\\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\armouchfltr.sys
c:\\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\mouclass.sys
c:\\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\mouhid.sys

harry12 14:46 21 Oct 06

Have you connected mouse while PC was switched on, if so try switching off. PC should find mouse on switching back on.

WHU 15:09 21 Oct 06

Thanks Harry12. I tried that and although when i switched my pc back on nothing was detected, i went into add new hardware and its started working now.
Thanks everyone for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…