Help with mobo Driver CD

Drifter 23:03 16 Nov 03

Has anyone got a driver/installation CD for a ECS ELITEGROUP K7SOM+ V5.2c Motherboard? I'm running out of things to try to get the usb working. A friend lost everything, not sure why. Installed '98 and had to install drivers from the web site for all the onboard bits, but now the printer driver refuses to load. I know the 10/100 card is fine and graphics & sound. even the old printer socket works, but my friends printer is USB only.
I would be only to glad to pay for a copy of the original disc.
Thanks
Drifter
ps Hardware manager shows all is well, except for the USB Printer
They are USB2.0, would that work with '98? Do you need different leads?

Thanks again

woodchip 23:07 16 Nov 03

USB2.0 does not work in Win98. You can get PCI card that are USB2.0 But they should have there own drivers. If the are only USB 1.1 then check in the BIOS to see if USB is enabled

Drifter 11:28 19 Nov 03

thanks. yes, I've added a USB1.0 PCI card with its own drivers and tried to install the printer, but same result. Been through the bios, all seems right. I wonder if only having USB2.0 on the machine when I loaded W98 has altered the set up, and now it can't use USB1.0?
Anyway I think I shall buy XP, and try again
Thanks for the Help
Cheers

woodchip 23:51 19 Nov 03

go into device manager and remove all usb and restart your computer. it will reset them

woodchip 23:53 19 Nov 03

PS when it asks for Win98 disc "do not put it in" use the correct driver disc you have been supplied with Printer Scanner etc.

Drifter 23:54 19 Nov 03

Thanks for trying, but been there, done that, still nowhere. Decided to buy XP
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…