Help Mike

wicked willy 21:33 16 May 03

Please could anyone help me in respect of losing the microphone facilities,I am a novice and I had to reformat as I was having lots of problems as i picked up something and all hell was let loose , the mike was working fine before reformat, and now Zilch Nothing. Wicked willy

muddle 21:38 16 May 03

does it need drivers? or more to the point does your motherboard need a driver to tell it what the microphone port does? Check the motherboard manufacturers website maybe for details/downloads...

just an idea!

check the mike is plugged in the same as it was, then check in the control panel under sounds and multimedia click the advanced button on the volume tab, the LINE IN is set to mute by default,

beeuuem 21:55 16 May 03

It is probable that the mic. input is muted. For Win98 this is in 'Start' > Programmes > entertainment > volume control > options> properties> recording. Check that the microphone box is checked.
Don't have XP here so can't give path for that O/S.

otubby1 22:23 16 May 03

Just to simplify beeuuem's answer, double click on the volume control speaker in you task bar and the volume control will open.

wicked willy 23:27 16 May 03

Thanks gentlemen Muddle/Horiz5/Beeuuem and Otub1 for all your help but alas it is checked by defeault and still does not work but will have another go tomorrow Wicked Willy

Thanks gentlemen Muddle/Horiz5/Beeuuem and Otub1 for all your help but alas it is checked by defeault and still does not work but will have another go tomorrow Wicked Willy

woodchip 23:32 16 May 03

Double click the speaker icon in the task bar, click options\properties\recording\okay make sure there is a tick in the box by the Microphone

otubby1 23:38 16 May 03

Well spotted. I forgot about going into options first :)

hugh-265156 00:01 17 May 03

try typing dxdiag into start/run then go to the network tab next make sure the mic is plugged in and click on the test direct play voice options box then run the wizard.will dectect if the mic is working.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…