Help! Microsoft Outlook 'appears' to hang....

Tj_El 17:40 22 Jun 03

Hi,

Here's the scenario:
Self built PC running XP Home Ed with 512MB RAM.
Have been running Office 97 ok with no probs... well no probs till yesterday :-(

When I delete an email or add a calendar entry or in fact cary oput any action in Outlook, the hour glass just stays there. I can leave it for hours and come back to the same hour glass. Task Manager shows out look as 'Running' but nothing is happening. Tried using the 'Change or Remove Programs' but when I clicked on the Office 97 application I got a message saying "Setup has determined that the following applications are still running: Microsoft Exchange. We recommend that you close these application(s) before continuing"

So I'm wondering if any of you have an idea what is causing the application to hang or know how to get around this 'runniung exchange' thing.

Thanks for all your input.

Regards

Tj_El

Tj_El 18:02 22 Jun 03

^ refresh^

Tj_El 19:41 22 Jun 03

^refresh^

I can't get to my email.....

Tj_El 23:00 25 Jun 03

well, I don't know what to say.... the problem went away as quietly as when it showed up... I'm none the wiser but at least all's well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…