Help WIth Microsoft Acess

Poloman69 15:32 07 Jul 04

I am desigining an Access database for my workplace which derives 3 main functions:

Advisor's Name:
Number of Acceptance Policies:
Number of Errors Derived:

This simple table brings up each advisors name, with the number of acceptances and the number of errors found.

I used a simple calculation to derive the error rate (you know.. no. errors over no. acceptances * 100)

However...

Because in my office we have 10 teams and each team manager has approx. 12 people in each team, i am trying to calculate the number of errors per advisor AND the number of errors associated with each team leader (total)

I can do each advisor and a total for all, but how do i do a total for team leaders?

Diemmess 18:22 07 Jul 04

Access (they say) is a great programme.

I have spent a lot of leisure time with the thing and can write a new one for some simple purpose. Trouble is that I forget so quickly and even relearning I find a difficult process.

That said, so you understand my very limited ability, Access is a "Relational Database"

You can often simplify a problem by using separate related tables for anything that is proving awkward, and then rely on queries to sort out the reports you need.

So I feebly suggest you might make separate tables for each team manager and one for all the 120 team members each of which can be labled to indicate which team they are in.

Probably what you may have already done but airing the idea may help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…