Help - MESH still playing up

bald eagle1 17:25 30 Sep 08

You may have seen my previous postings about Mesh, and fair play they have been attending to my PC. I have got it back again, after apparently going to R&D and everything and nothing found wrong, yet the 2nd time I switched on it froze, and has been since (This is the 3rd time I've been able to use it). The only thing different from when they have it is the USB keyboard and the USB modem which my other PC has no problem with. As it often freezes detecting hard drives in bootup, and often the DVD drive is missing in my computer, I believe it is the SATA part of the motherboard. It always freezes at different points, and can be used for days before constantly not booting after a freeze. I keep emailing Davey of the problems but where do I go from here? HELP!

bald eagle1 18:22 01 Oct 08

Further to the above, as in my previous postings, after an initial freeze and reboot the pc is working fine until I try to use the DVD drive which doesn't work. Looking in 'my computer' the DVD drive is missing (although lights on front work when a disc is put in). Still help!

MarvintheAndroid 18:58 01 Oct 08

Try disconnecting the DVD drive completely and see how you get on. If that works then check and if necessary replace the cables, or invest in a new DVD drive. They are quite inexpensive nowadays.

Marv

bald eagle1 17:00 02 Oct 08

Today 16.22. Start pc and froze at 'blue stripes' HD light on. Hold button 4 secs, restart, goes to options screen (no keyboard), takes ages then froze at 'blue stripes' HD light on. Hold button 4 secs, restart, froze at 'detecting HD's', Button 4 secs, restart, froze at 'detecting HD's', Button 4 secs, restart to options screen then takes ages then froze at 'blue stripes'. Button 4 secs, restart to options screen, takes ages and finally booted, but no DVD visible in 'my computer'.
This is how it's been for half a year and I am really getting fed up. How much longer do I have to put up with this? It came with an 'on-site warranty and I feel it is now time to actually get someone 'on-site'
I have emailed the above including photos to Davey, thanks for the help marvintheandroid but under warranty I shoudn't really touch too much until given the ok. (probably won't be fixed before the warranty is out anyway)

bald eagle1 20:21 02 Oct 08

Today 20.10 Froze at 'blue stripes' no HD light, button 4 secs, reboot to options screen then slowly booted ok but no DVD in 'my computer'.
A photo is taken of every freeze plus each time no DVD is shown in 'my computer' and emailed to Davey

bald eagle1 16:47 04 Oct 08

4th Oct 8.27am Froze at blue stripes HD light on (photo taken)
Hold button 4 secs, restart. Reboots and freezes at 'detecting HD's', HD light on (photo taken)
Hold button 4 secs, reboot to options screen (no keyboard) then slowly boot ok

11.26 boots ok

14.07 boots ok

Still have had no reply from Davey or Mesh, guess I'm listed as spam now. Where next CAB?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now