Help with Mesh PC booting problems please

Never again 20:30 15 Dec 07

My friends mesh pc was not booting into windows xp, so we inserted the recovery cd and reinstalled windows.

Now it takes 10 minutes to boot to the welcome screen.

Your suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks

woodchip 20:54 15 Dec 07

It may be having problems reading the Hard Drive, This could be Disc error Problem, Double Click My Computer, Right Click C:\ then choose Properties\Tools Check Disc for Problems. You will Have to Reboot for it to run. Do a full Scan of the drive

Never again 21:05 15 Dec 07

I ran the error checking and ticked both the boxes and then rebooted.

It then says that there is a missing operating system and won't boot into windows at all.

on the post it also says that the serial ch0 master drive is ...none and the serial ch1 mastewr drive is there (the hard drive)

woodchip 21:10 15 Dec 07

Then it's either Sata drivers not loaded or that the drive is damaged, I would first try finding Sata Drivers for the Motherboard and load them. How old the Computer? and do you know what kind of drives are connected to the Computer?

Never again 21:20 15 Dec 07

I just assumed that windows would recognise the sata drive and load it?

Is there an easy way of finding out the motherboard without taking the case apart?

I plugged my flash drive into it to run belarc advisor and it says that this device can work faster - does this mean that I am missing some motherboard drivers?

Never again 21:23 15 Dec 07

I removed my flash drive and rebooted the pc and its now going through its 10 minute start up routine.

the flash drive must have interfered with the start sequence.

Never again 21:24 15 Dec 07

its now going through chkdsk

woodchip 21:31 15 Dec 07

My guess is Sata Drivers for the Motherboard

woodchip 21:33 15 Dec 07

Why not check mesh site for drivers for the computer. seems funny that it working slow after running restore disc

Never again 21:35 15 Dec 07

it deleted a corrupt attribute record (128,$Bad)from file segment record 8 and continued on.

it is now veryfying free space (stage 5 of 5) and 1 percent completed.

skidzy 21:36 15 Dec 07

Hi Woody
Can you help here click here

Sorry Never again,dont mean to hijack your thread
Will pop back and see how you are getting along in a bit.
Your in good hands with Woody.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos