//some 3rd party need geo

Help on memory please

woodpecker 22:18 13 Sep 05

Hi I have some faulty memory and need to buy some replacements however finding which is suitable when the memory on MSI's approved list for this board is either impossible to find or very expensive is difficult. I have found what I think will work but not sure if this generic stuff will be ok. The board I have is this one

click here

There is a list of suitable memory but although the board's manual says it can take 1GB sticks there are non listed. This is the memory I am considering getting, it is the correct voltage (2.5) the correct DDR (400) and is also PC3200 the same as the memory which came with the pc and is also 184pin. Is that enough to ensure compatibility?

click here

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

s99Raj 22:25 13 Sep 05

Try going either to click here or click here

You should be able to find your motherboard and suitable memory there.

Totally-braindead 22:27 13 Sep 05

I would recommend the Crucial site that s99Raj has linked to. Highly recommended company, memory is guaranteed to work.

woodpecker 23:40 13 Sep 05

many thanks, very handy site that, I have now order 2GB of memory so hopefully my troubles (for a day or so lol) will be over!

Thanks again Marcus

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…