help with memory

John-257781 14:28 18 Jan 03
  John-257781 14:28 18 Jan 03

I recently had further memory installed at the same time as a new graphics card. (professionally done) Every time the computer is booted the following appears. (WARNING) SPD not found at Dimms (2). Being rather concerned I phoned the person who updated,and was informed this is nothing to be concerned about. However I would like another opinion (or two) why this should occur.

Hotfingers 14:36 18 Jan 03

Any warning message, as far as I am concerned, is something to be worried about. A healthy computer wouldn't give warnings. However, I do not know the specifics of this message and am sure some more knowledgable person will be able to help.

Daffy-Duck 14:40 18 Jan 03

does this message apear in the Dos as the computer loads your OS, (as in XP, 98) or when the os is loaded and your at the desktop?

John-257781 14:45 18 Jan 03

thanks for replies. This message appears DOS as the computer loads. (It also appears twice.)

djwheeler 14:46 18 Jan 03

Try this link:

click here

John-257781 18:37 18 Jan 03

djwheeler - many thanks. It sounds as if this could be the problem.Sys.opt.Com interesting site.
Cheers.

rickf 18:49 18 Jan 03

You really ought not be forbed off by the so called "professional" who told you its not a prob. I would be concerned if my comp tells me something is not quite right. If anything he is totally unprofessional! I expect you paid for it too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…