help with medion pda

lelole 14:39 03 Feb 04

I have had a medion pda for a while, and altho basic, I have been happy with it....except for one big problem. Every now and then and getting more frequent, when I put it in the cradle to sync, nothing happens and then windows (XP) tells me that the device has malfunctioned and not recognised and leads me through a troubleshooter which doesn't help.

Unplugging the cradle and rebooting the computer and/or the pda doesn't help, and the only thing so far I have found to help is to remove activesync completely and reboot, and then install from the start, even then sometimes it won't register the pda on setting up and I have to remove program and start again.

When I look in device manager and find the pda, it is highlighted as unknown device with a yellow ? This leads me to think it may be the drivers but to be honest I'm not sure.

I have spoken to the medion helpline, and they weren't much help. He began by blaming windows until I told him that didn't matter to me because the PC was medion and the problem had been there from the start, we re- set the pda but it made no difference.

He told me to download the updated version of activesync, which I will do in a moment, but when I asked him about the possibility of corrupted drivers, he was a bit vague, and to be honest I don't think he knew what he was talking about.

So, I thought I would ask for help on here as I know you guys know what to do!! At least then if I go back to him, I will be in a position of knowledge...

Thanks in advance...

Leah

ton 15:45 03 Feb 04

I use a small freeware prog. called ActiveSync Toggle. With this you only load ActiveSync when you need it, not at every boot, then you can unload it when you've used it.
I wondered if it might cure your problem by loading ActiveSyc after the bootup.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…