HELP ME!! Uninstall Ubuntu And Get Back to Windows!

maverick4127 20:59 15 Jan 14

I just bought a laptop(Gateway NV570P10u without DVD loader) having Windows 8 pre-installed a few days ago. But Windows 8 is not good. Instead, I installed Ubuntu 12 LTS with USB stick. However, for some reasons, I wanna get back to Windows 7 or 8 now!! How can I do that?

I tried to make several USB with boot loader from Windows.iso kind of files. But the USB stick can't be booted(I tried Unetbootin, UtralISO, Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool ). Instead, when I made a USB with boot loader from Ubuntu.iso. It can be loaded!!

When I bought the laptop, it just have one partition in Windows 8. Thus when I installed Ubuntu, I could just erase all my data.

csqwared 21:13 15 Jan 14

Dont't think you'll be able to go back. When you installed Ubuntu the Windows Master Boot Record would be overwritten by Grub 2.0, also partition/files would be over written. Without a genuine Windows disc to re-create the MBR and the original installation disc I don't think you can do it.

Unless someone knows better??

Procrastinus 11:57 16 Jan 14

I had similar problems with booting from a USB. I got around it by downloading a FRESH copy of Win7 iso from the MS site Digital River Win 7 iso to my desktop and then using Rufus to create the USB boot device. Rufus

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…