Help me set up my wireless network please

mav1970 14:54 28 Nov 05

Equipment - Netgear DG834GT wireless router
Netgear WG111T Usb adaptor
Desktop PC and Laptop PC with wifi

I have successfully set up my 2 PC's to connect through my wireless router to my ADSL ISP without a problem. I also want to share files between my Desktop and Laptop but Windows XP states that I cannot use the wizard in Xp to set it up because I am using Netgear software to configure the settings of the router and usb adaptor. I have tried searching everywhere for info on how to use the router to share files between my 2 PC's to no avail. Am I doing something wrong here. I am a novice to the networking side of things, any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

GFY

moore_mat 15:07 28 Nov 05

Hi mav1970

Try having a look at these docs from the Netgear website. It depends what version of Windows you are running:-
XP Home:-
click here

XP Pro:-
click here

All the best

M@

mav1970 15:18 28 Nov 05

Thanks moore_mat

This is kind of what I have done, i.e used the network setup wizard instead of the wireless network setup wizard and I can select folders and share between my laptop and desktop pc but at no time was I asked about any security measures when setting up the file sharing side of it. Do you know if this connects them both through my router or do they communicate with each other directly ?

Regards Mav1970

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…