Help me please. Complete noob

PC beginer 19:45 13 Aug 14

Helloooo, I'm looking to get into gaming on the PC. I currently have a HP Compaq CQ2000 click here (link to PC specs) I'm wondering if I could upgrade this so I don't have to splash the cash to go get a new PC. So any advice on what parts to get etc would be greatly appreciated. I don't need a monitor keyboard or mouse. I already know this will need a new CPU I'm not sure on the motherboard and graphics so any help help is appreciated thanks.

Mr Mistoffelees 19:50 13 Aug 14

Forget upgrading, you need to buy new.

PC beginer 19:56 13 Aug 14

Any idea where would be the best, place to get a new gaming PC Thanks for the advice

nickf 20:05 13 Aug 14

Let us know your budget , I'm sure we can advise you better .

PC beginer 20:49 13 Aug 14

About £350-450

csqwared 20:55 13 Aug 14

First half dozen here might do:-

CCL

PC beginer 21:00 13 Aug 14

Thanks.would these run modern games with decent graphics with little lag and would it out do a console? Thanks.

csqwared 11:48 14 Aug 14

Elite Hawk (£419 so within your budget), for example, runs a 4.2Ghz CPU and GeForce GTX750Ti graphics card see here so I would expect it to cope easily with modern games. If you are uncertain the guys at CCL are quite helpful, drop 'em a line regarding the games you want to run.

PC beginer 12:03 14 Aug 14

Ok thanks a lot for the info can't wait now to go ahead and purchase one and out do all the consoles :):):):) Thanks a lot for the help

nickf 12:10 14 Aug 14

I would say , try and stretch your budget to about £550 if you can , the improvement in performance would be worth it . I fear , that with a sub £450-500 PC you may be a little disappointed . Think about maybe a self build , it is not as difficult as you may think . There are many people on the forum who would be happy to offer help and advice .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac