HELP ME PLEASE

gwolst77 14:07 19 Apr 06

can somebody help me.

i recently had a problem with my machine (win xp sp2) hanging on start up. after trying to fix it a few times by using the repair function on the win xp cd (machine kept hanging) the problem got worse.

i deceded to reinstall win xp. which was successful (after the 3rd attempt).

thats when my problems started. when i browse my old profile folders (there are 2, GLW & CSH) in the c:/documents & settings, etc. i can only access one folder (GLW), the (CSH) folder keeps saying access denied. i can not delete the folder. also when i look at the properties of the folder it is showing 0.0Mb.

both old profiles where adminstrators. and my new profiles are adminstrators. i have even changed how i logon to xp so that i could logon as an administrator. i have tried to change the folder properties, but still no joy.

if my memory is correct (99% sure), i think this problem was there before my boot problems. (ie i could browse the GLW profile folder and CSH profile folder when logged on as CSH. but could not browse the CSH when logged on as GLW)

i have successfull retreived all the old GLW documents and emails and transfered them into my new GLW.house profile. i need to do the same now with the old CSH profile (its my misses and she is going to give me some serious grief if i don't sort it)

please help!!!

VoG II 14:11 19 Apr 06

You need to take ownership of the folders click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…