HELP ME PLEASE

gwolst77 14:07 19 Apr 06

can somebody help me.

i recently had a problem with my machine (win xp sp2) hanging on start up. after trying to fix it a few times by using the repair function on the win xp cd (machine kept hanging) the problem got worse.

i deceded to reinstall win xp. which was successful (after the 3rd attempt).

thats when my problems started. when i browse my old profile folders (there are 2, GLW & CSH) in the c:/documents & settings, etc. i can only access one folder (GLW), the (CSH) folder keeps saying access denied. i can not delete the folder. also when i look at the properties of the folder it is showing 0.0Mb.

both old profiles where adminstrators. and my new profiles are adminstrators. i have even changed how i logon to xp so that i could logon as an administrator. i have tried to change the folder properties, but still no joy.

if my memory is correct (99% sure), i think this problem was there before my boot problems. (ie i could browse the GLW profile folder and CSH profile folder when logged on as CSH. but could not browse the CSH when logged on as GLW)

i have successfull retreived all the old GLW documents and emails and transfered them into my new GLW.house profile. i need to do the same now with the old CSH profile (its my misses and she is going to give me some serious grief if i don't sort it)

please help!!!

VoG II 14:11 19 Apr 06

You need to take ownership of the folders click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…