Help me! my mmc card has locked up

js8uk2002 20:17 26 Feb 06

Help i put a password on my mmc card in my nokia 6230i, and when i took the mmc card out and put it back in it asked me for a password which i knew it would so i put my password in and it said password incorrect when i no my password is correct i went on memory status and it said memory card (unformat). i have done some research on it and the only way i can take the password off is by force erasing it. Is there any other way of taking the password off. Thanks in advance.

howard63 20:32 26 Feb 06

when I got my nokia it came with a cd and there was a prog to reset passwords. Have never used it so do not know how. If you are totally stuck I will search for cd and try to find out how to do it.

js8uk2002 21:12 26 Feb 06

Ok thanks howard63 i bought my nokia 6230i off dialaphone and it didn't come with a cd.

howard63 17:57 27 Feb 06

Access codes
at this moment cannot find the cd [still looking] but this info is off their web site

Security code
The security code (5 to 10 digits) helps to protect your phone against unauthorized use. The preset code is 12345. Change the code, and keep the new code secret and in a safe place separate from your phone. To change the code, and to set the phone to request the code, see Security.

If you enter an incorrect security code five times in succession, the phone ignores further entries of the code. Wait for 5 minutes, and enter the code again.

PIN codes
The personal identification number (PIN) code (4 to 8 digits) helps to protect your SIM card against unauthorized use. The PIN code is usually supplied with the SIM card. Set the phone to request the PIN code each time the phone is switched on. See Security.
The PIN2 code may be supplied with the SIM card and is required for some functions.
The module PIN is required to access the information in the security module. See Security module. The module PIN is supplied with the SIM card if the SIM card has a security module in it.
The signing PIN is required for the digital signature. See Digital signature. The signing PIN is supplied with the SIM card if the SIM card has a security module in it.
If you enter an incorrect PIN code three times in succession, the phone may display PIN blocked or PIN code blocked and ask you to enter the PUK code.

PUK codes
The personal unblocking key (PUK) code (8 digits) is required to change a blocked PIN code. The PUK2 code is required to change a blocked PIN2 code.

If the codes are not supplied with the SIM card, contact your local service provider for the codes.

Barring password
The barring password (4 digits) is required when using the Call barring service. See Security. You can obtain the password from your service provider.

Wallet code
The wallet code (4 to 10 digits) is required to access the wallet services. If you enter an incorrect wallet code three times in succession, the wallet application is blocked for 5 minutes. If you give three more incorrect entries, the time doubles. For further information, see Wallet.

Configuration settings service
Before you use multimedia messaging, instant messaging and presence, push to talk, e-mail application, synchronization, streaming, and the browser, you must have the proper configuration settings on your phone. You may receive the settings directly as a configuration message, which you save to your phone. For more information on availability, contact your network operator, service provider, or nearest authorized Nokia dealer.

When you have received the settings as a configuration message, and the settings are not automatically saved and activated, Configuration settings received is displayed.

To save the received settings, select Show >Save. If the phone requests Enter settings’ PIN:, enter the PIN code for the settings, and select OK. To receive the PIN code, contact the service provider that supplies the settings.

If no settings are saved yet, these settings are saved and set as default configuration settings. Otherwise, the phone asks Activate saved configuration settings?.

To discard the received settings, select Show >Discard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…