help me - laptop won't turn on - 'lock' keys flash

Viv-208691 11:24 11 Apr 09

Hi there

I have a Sony VAIO laptop with Win XP home. I was watching a DVD on the train a couple of days ago when it said it was going into hibernation mode. I didn't think too much of it (even though I had full battery and hadn't pressed any buttons etc). However, when I tried to turn it back on all that happens is the lights come on (i.e. the power light, HDD light, WLAN light etc) but there's no sound and the screen stays blank. All that happens is the three 'lock' keys, i.e. the caps lock, num lock and 1 other, flash repeatly, all at the same time with intervals of around 6 seconds.

Can anyone offer any help with this? I'm a bit stumped! I've looked on the internet but couldn't find anything!

Thank you

FT

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:28 11 Apr 09

Press and hold power button for 10 seconds should send it back to normal and cancel hibernation.

Viv-208691 11:43 11 Apr 09

Thanks Fruit Bat

No luck with that I'm afraid - I tried that with both the laptop on and then off but to no avail. Still get the flashing lock keys.

Any other ideas please guys?

Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:21 11 Apr 09

REmove battery and mains lead
press and hold power button for 30 seconds. refit battery and mains lead retry to boot.

Viv-208691 15:22 11 Apr 09

Thanks again Fruit Bat but that still isn't helping??

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos