Help me install Windows ME onto my Time computer

steamboat 00:07 29 Apr 03

The hard drive in my Time computer packed in with all files wiped off and computer not starting up, I borrowed a friends wins 98 hard drive which started first time. I purchased a new hard drive 60gb which I installed, I used fdisk to partition into one large drive and formatted. This is regonised as c: after floppy boot. Time only supplied support and drive disk which I can view but don't see any setup files or install files. They also gave me a reload_60 disk but when I view this it shows no files and says 0 bytes free, please help

Belatucadrus 00:53 29 Apr 03

The problem is that reload-60 works with data on a hidden partition on the original drive, see this quote from Time

"The Time Group understands that some customers may require a facility to easily restore their computers back to the original factory settings by completely reloading all of the pre-installed software.

Over the past year, we have invested in a software development team that has developed a patented process of doing this from a completely hidden partition on the hard disk. This process is unique and the facility is enabled via a RELOAD CD that is bundled FREE with all time support packages. The reload CD does not include any Windows XP software programs and is different to a Backup CD"

This means that the combination of a new drive and the existing disks doesn't give you any way of loading the operating system on. I'd suggest you get in touch with Chris Woolford at Time customer service on [email protected] it may be that if you can provide the original windows Key id number they could be persuaded to reload it for you on the new drive. If not you may be looking at buying a new copy of Windows.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…