Help me install M$ Speech app

Chegs ® 16:20 20 Mar 05

I have just d/l a Speech to Text app(from M$)I tried to install it to XP Home,but according to the various messages that appeared its not really suitable as an OS.I then followed the recommended OS choice(XP Pro)and following the various messages,set about adding the relevant updates(bit of a pain on dialup)I needed Net Framework 1.1,an update to this,and several Hotfixes.There are no more Updates available for XP Pro,yet each time I try to install SASDK a box appears stating I need to update the OS still further,and until I do this app cannot be installed.

Next section...

Chegs ® 16:21 20 Mar 05

Suitable OS's...

Microsoft Windows® 2000 Professional Service Pack 4
Windows 2000 Server Service Pack 4
Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 1.
Windows Server™ 2003 Enterprise
Windows Server 2003 Standard

Installation instructions...

Preparing to Install the SASDK
The following software is required for installation of the SASDK. Install items in the following recommended order.

Install the latest service pack and all critical updates for the appropriate operating system from click here.
Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 or later. Install from click here.
Internet Information Services (IIS). For information on installing IIS, refer to the operating system's Help documentation.
Optional. Required only for Visual Studio .NET Speech Development Tools. English Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 Professional, Enterprise Architect, Enterprise Developer, or Trial Edition.
Note: Stand-alone versions of the individual components of Visual Studio.NET 2003 are not supported. Versions that are not supported include Visual Basic®.NET 2003, Visual C#®.NET 2003, Visual C++®.NET 2003, and Visual J#®.NET 2003.Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 (Requires a separate installation only if Visual Studio .NET 2003 is not installed). To install, double-click setup.exe at the root directory of the SASDK installation CD and follow the instructions in the Prerequisites dialog.
Note: If using Windows Server 2003, a separate installation of the .NET Framework is not required because it is included in the operating system, but installation of ASP.NET 1.1 is required. Instructions for installing ASP.NET 1.1 can be found in the Help documentation for the operating system.Install all required Microsoft Updates that correspond to the operating system. To install, double-click setup.exe at the root directory of the SASDK installation CD and follow the instructions in the Prerequisites dialog.
Microsoft Enterprise Instrumentation Framework (EIF). To install, double-click setup.exe at the root directory of the SASDK installation CD and follow the instructions in the Prerequisites dialog.

Chegs ® 18:20 20 Mar 05

Right,I have progress(of sorts)

I no longer get a message requiring extra downloads,instead I get the "Setup Wizard" stating it couldn't complete and a box appears that states a "Fatal Error" has occurred,no clues as to what this might be though.

Chegs ® 18:27 20 Mar 05

Or...

Setup Wizard Cancelled

The Setup Wizard was interrupted before Microsoft Speech Application SDK 1.0 could be completely installed.

To install this program at a later time,please run the installation again.

Click finish to exit the setup wizard.

Chegs ® 18:52 20 Mar 05

Searching via google gets this

Run the following command: "microsoft speech application sdk 1.0.msi"
/L*v C:\SpeechInstall.log

Could someone please clarify EXACTLY what I need to type to get this to create a log?

I have tried copy/paste into Run,and get "Check the path" error.

Chegs ® 20:43 21 Mar 05

G:\M$speaker\SASDK\msiexec "microsoft speech application sdk 1.0.msi" /l v* C:\speechinstall.log

Is,I'm informed the correct syntax.Now all I get is...

G:\M$speaker\SASDK>G:\M$speaker\SASDK\msiexec "microsoft speech application sdk
1.0.msi" /l v* C:\speechinstall.log
'G:\M$speaker\SASDK\msiexec' is not recognized as an internal or external comman
d,
operable program or batch file.

G:\M$speaker\SASDK>

So,I'm either close or the syntax is still wrong.

Chegs ® 22:38 21 Mar 05

click here

This is a screenshot of the result when typing

C:\>msiexec "microsoft speech application sdk 1.0.msi" /l >C:\speechinstall.log

powerless 23:06 21 Mar 05

If you just wait one sec, i've got it 'sussed'.

Just need to write what you do!

Chegs ® 23:34 21 Mar 05

Thanks mate.I am just about to give it another go following on from your response at Computer Troubles.

powerless 23:46 21 Mar 05

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>cd C:\SpeechSDK

C:\SpeechSDK>cd /setup

C:\SpeechSDK\Setup>cd /SASDK

C:\SpeechSDK\Setup\SASDK>"Microsoft Speech Application SDK 1.0.msi" /l C:\speechinstall.log

Now Press Enter.

C:\SpeechSDK\Setup\SASDK>Once you've pressed Enter this will appear but the setup will run.

Extracted files were placed in C:\SpeechSDK\ and all commands must point to this folder.

As you have it in G: the above commands must reflect everything being in G: So in other words everything related and dependant must be in G:

click here

The shorther way for change directory is: cd C:\SpeechSDK\Setup\SASDK

Chegs ® 23:51 21 Mar 05

Thanks very much,it worked and a very quick hunt thru the log file got this

ERROR: ADsGetObject Failed

So I'm off to google and see what its on about.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…