help me! im at my wits end!

Ramification 20:26 19 Oct 03

hi, ive just removed the QHOST virus that changes dns settings from my pc and now i cannot get the google page to display or any other search engines. i can type in an address and go straight to that page but not google/yahoo etc. pleaaaase help me! ive deleted all my cookies, run virus checker several times, deleted a line in the HOST file that said 127.000.0 click here as someone here requested i do. but all to no avail.

Ramification 20:43 19 Oct 03

does no one have any advice for me? come on guys please! anything to try?!?!
ps: the click here was supposed to say google . com
cheers.

VoG II 21:08 19 Oct 03

click here and follow the "manual removal instructions". Note the additional considerations for Windows ME/XP users - i.e. turn off System Restore.

the lone cloner 21:40 19 Oct 03

just noticed your post, you did not specify your os ,if you are xp os then look at updatexp.com there maybe instructions there,look at main article page.

spruce 22:23 19 Oct 03

Try this, you are not the only one that has had this problem

click here

Ramification 23:28 19 Oct 03

thanks people.
im using xp pro, and when i try to click on the links you put up i just get a blank microsoft explorer popup box. its got worse im sure.

Ramification 23:32 19 Oct 03

i got the URL off the properties section of the link! i see lots of D.Ls to do now so thanks! will be back... :)

powerless 23:33 19 Oct 03

In that case, try this fix:

Copy this:

http: //support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

Now paste into your address bar and click go.

Ramification 09:52 20 Oct 03

thanks guys, tried everything , ended up following instructions to edit my directory, not sure what was going on, just did the edit and off i went. all sorted now! cheers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…