Help me get the right equipment...

Paul-has-more-of-a-clue...:@) 10:46 22 Oct 05

Hello All
Hope you are all doing well.
I need some A-B advice on purchacing a laptop, and all the other gubbins I need, as I am going laptopblind looking on ebay. If I can get some advice as to my minimum requirements this may help me narrow my search, and save me buying something that does not meet my requirements....So...

I have a PC at Home. This is a very old 1.33 , running windows 98, and connected to telewest broadband, but it still struggles on.
I want to get a laptop that I can....

*Use internet around the House
My PC is in a very small bedroom that is not convinient to get to. I breify understand that there is something you can get for the modem to plug into, then you put something on the top of your laptop to receive a signal. How do I know what this is, and how can I be assured I will not get scanked. Is there something in laptops that does away with the need for this connection?

At some point use the laptop in a shop I intend to open (I still want to get onto the internet though. The shop is about 1000 yards away from my house (Can I link the 2), do I need a seperate service

What is the minimum laptop requirement I should be looking for (With Compaq/IBM's/Toshibas etc.
Pentiums 11 / 111 / Celerion?

So Can you help.

As always in debt to you all
Paul

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:57 22 Oct 05

click here the dell inspiron 6000 will do all you need and has a wide screen.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…