Help Me Find a Laptop

gtechzero 03:23 26 Apr 15

Hello everyone,

I've recently started a search for a laptop that could be my daily runner and a decent replacement for my current underpowered HP 635 laptop.

I want a laptop that would be as powerful as possible for under £650. I've looked to Dell, Asus, Acer and many others but I am currently settled on a Lenovo e550 with i7 5500u and Radeon R7 2GB, but I feel like there are better options which I just can't find or am too uninformed to see. Either way I need your help.

I don't know what features or hardware I could get for a specific sum, so my attempt at describing a laptop that I might be looking for would be futile. I think my best course would be to just describe my perfect laptop and see what you guys can come up with from that.

Quad core Intel processor, dedicated graphics card, 1080p or higher resolution IPS screen with a no lower than 15.6 inch screen and a backlit keyboard. Memory and hard/ss disk are unimportant as I would be upgrading them myself because the price of retail upgrades is insane. I am a heavy tab user, I like to open up to 50, sometimes even a hundred tabs (I understand that this will require mostly ram, but I need other hardware to keep up), I am a gamer mostly focused on mmos which require to have multiple games open, also I occasionally like to use Photoshop. The laptop doesn't have to have great battery life, touch screen is unnecessary, weight and design come secondary.

Thank you for your help

Ian in Northampton 08:53 26 Apr 15

Jock1e: I'm intrigued (again). What are you seeing that I'm not?

Ian in Northampton 10:24 26 Apr 15

Wow - so it does. Coincidence? Who knows... It certainly would be strange if someone from a computer repair company came on asking for advice about buying a laptop.

gtechzero 13:11 26 Apr 15

I didn't even think to check if the username would come up with something on the web. For so long (a couple of years) it hadn't. I've used it for everything from youtube accounts to forums like this. You can check. Youtube.com/gtechzero joined in 2010, quite sure well before that website because i used to check from time to time if it came up with anything.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant