help me find the drivers for my DVD-RW

Jaro 16:56 17 Mar 05

Hi,

can anyone please help me to find drivers for my CD-DVD -RW. Its VOM-12E48X. I was looking everywhere but i could not find them. im haveing a prob with this drive. i will not read anything. it just stop working properly.i can hear that the drive trying to read the disc but nothing comes up. i have used AutoFix program but no avail.

I can not find manufacturer website. has any one same hardware?

thank you

User-312386 17:00 17 Mar 05

You don't need drivers

Right click My Computer>Properties>Hardware Tab>Device manager

Look under DVD/CDROm devices

Is yours there?

Jaro 17:04 17 Mar 05

yes my is there but its not working properly. i was just wandering if i could update drivers cos my drive useing microsoft one and maybe it just need proper drivers.

it was working properly byt its not anymore.

ventanas 17:10 17 Mar 05

There are no specific drivers for optical drives as madboy33©® has said. They use generic drivers supplied by Windows, as yours is.

Could it be that it is broken and needs replacing. Very cheap nowadays.

pj123 17:44 17 Mar 05

It's an Artec look here: click here

Although, as others have said it shouldn't need drivers.

JonnyTub 18:09 17 Mar 05

Try ininstalling the drive from device manager and rebooting windows, the drive will re-install itself one the reboot is complete. Should that not work follow the same method and uninstall the ide channel the drive sits on from device manager and reboot. If it still refuses to work, try it in another machine to confirm it's knackered.

JonnyTub 18:10 17 Mar 05

that first line should read:

'Try un-installing the drive from device manager'

JonnyTub 18:11 17 Mar 05

another check would be to make sure all cables are pushed home

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…