Help with Mcfee

Jade 14 G 19:00 27 Feb 05

Got a new PC DELL and it came with Dell and Mcfee security Centre. Mcfee is driving me nuts as every few minutes it pops up saying its got a update when all it is ,is for me to get registered.
Just had enough so decided to get AVG like l always have used. Uinstalling Mcfee virus scan from add and remove was fine but next was the privcy centre, screen comes up saying you have to be the administrater, l click yes and nothing happens and everything is greyed out but 'close'. The Dell and Mcfee Centre will not uninstall till privacy centre is removed.
Have got AVG all ready to open but what do l do.
Thought aol was a stickler for leaving bits but Mcfee takes the biscit.

VoG II 19:04 27 Feb 05

Start in Safe Mode - restart and keep tapping the F8 key just before the Windows screen loads, then select Safe Mode from the menu.

Choose the Administrator account to log in.

You should now be able to remove all of the McAfee stuff.

VoG II 19:04 27 Feb 05

Better description of starting in Safe Mode click here

Jade 14 G 20:27 27 Feb 05

Tried it and it didn't work, even though l got Virus Scan off its still poping these damm messages that l need a update on what l ask !!!!!
Can l start up AVG as l have got AVG seven in my docs.
Also the icon is stil in tascbar (Mcfee's).
Been through all the progs in start up and accesssories and not a mention of Mcfee or Dell security centre yet it was there a hour ago.
Jade

VoG II 20:33 27 Feb 05

Start, Run, type in

msconfig

and click OK.

On the Startup tab, untick anything beginning with "mc" that is shown as something to do with McAfee in the Command column.

When you have finished and click OK you will be prompted to restart Windows - do this. When Windows loads you will get a box saying that you are running in selective mode or similar. Tick the box to not show this message again.

McAfee should now not load and you should be able to put AVG on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac