help with mail merge ms word2003 please

michellen35 18:16 11 May 08

Hiya, could anyone tell me how i merge a query and save it in a new document please??? Its driving me mad! lol
Thank you , Michelle

VoG II 18:21 11 May 08

This should help click here

michellen35 18:23 11 May 08

Hello, Thanks for that, i've already looked through this and could find no mention on how to merge a query. But thank you for getting back to me. Michelle.

VoG II 18:33 11 May 08

Do you mean from an Access query? If so click here

michellen35 18:38 11 May 08

Thank you, i'm off to look now. could you tell me how to preform a query please? this is maybe were i'm going wrong?

VoG II 18:46 11 May 08

Sorry but I'm a complete moron when it comes to Access.

I suggest that you start a new thread - 'How to run an Access query' or similar.

michellen35 18:50 11 May 08

It's actually excel that i've been working with for the query, sorry i should of said. I think i'm going to give up on this course i'm finding it really hard.

VoG II 18:58 11 May 08

Ah, well I do know a bit about Excel....

Do you mean that you are simply using an Excel file as the data source?

michellen35 19:00 11 May 08

yes i think so as thats what i've been given to work with, i'll post what it says i have to do

Part C
Your manager has now asked you to print the ‘Special Offer’ notice. To save disk space, the company would normally request that merged documents are not saved. However, on this occasion, you will be required to save the merged file.

1. If you closed the specialoffer document at the end of Part B, re-open this document now.

2. Perform a mail merge query to find the contracts receiving the special offer of 50 free minutes.

3. Merge the query and save it in a new document.

4. Print the results (again, take a screenprint of this to show your tutor).

5. As an exception to normal policy, save this merged document with the filename 50mins.

VoG II 19:02 11 May 08

See click here click here

It is really quite straightforward once you get the hang of it. I dis this recently using Word and Excel 2007 - unfortunately the instructions for Office 2003 are completely different.

michellen35 19:06 11 May 08

Thank you so much, hopefully this will sort it out . Its the 'getting hang of it' part thats hard lol , the downfall with this course (clait plus) is that you have to have a 100% pass rate, think i'm doomed lol
Thank you again for all your help, Michelle.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…