Help with Mail Merge

dazwm 10:20 13 Feb 07

I am using mail merge to make some labels. The data I am using is on a spreadsheet containing numbers. A1 1300, B1 1300 C1 1400 etc etc. When I go through the mail merge wizard and I choose the data it says 'next record' on the labels rather than the numbers I want. What am I doing wrong please.

PEG007 11:08 13 Feb 07

Is your data in a column or a row?

dazwm 12:04 13 Feb 07

Just 1 column (A) with various numbers in each cell going down. I even tried putting data in column B but it still does the same.

silverous 14:24 13 Feb 07

dazwm

I presume your data is in Excel and you are trying to Merge into Word?

I've just reproduced exactly this and it works fine for me so I think we need some more info. If you click the envelope I'm happy for you to email me and send me the spreadsheet/document to take a look at if you are happy.

dazwm 14:36 13 Feb 07

Yes silverous that is correct. It seems to work on a colleagues PC but he is using Office 2000. I am using Office 2003 and I am having problems. The wizard is different and more complicated!!!

silverous 15:12 13 Feb 07

Ah, I'm more of an office 2000 man myself. If the same thing is working on your colleagues PC that suggests something wrong with your install or the way you are going about it I guess!

recap 15:31 13 Feb 07

Using Word 2003 Mail Merge is different from Word 2000 click here for a Microsoft tutorial.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…