timothy44 01:35 06 Jan 03
  timothy44 01:35 06 Jan 03

i downloaded some photos onto discs and it was successful as i opened them in a variety of applications. I had to reboot the whole system yesterday ( i run XP ) Now when I insert my disc it says they are blank. Can anyone help?

jazzypop 01:47 06 Jan 03

What sort of disk? If they were CD-RW, you probably need to reinstall the software you wrote them with.

timothy44 01:51 06 Jan 03

they were cdr's and i used roxio easy cd creator but i haven't reinstalled it. do you think this would make a difference? I can't get the hang of this at all!! they were loading before i had to reboot

jazzypop 01:55 06 Jan 03

Yes, I would try reloading the Roxio software - try and make sure you getthe latest patch from their website, as XP and Roxio didn't get along too well in the early days :)

timothy44 01:58 06 Jan 03

thank you jazzypop. i'll try that

dez fowler 02:01 06 Jan 03

did you have the CD writer and Easy CD set up so you could use the writer like you use your HD or a floppy disk, i.e. could you just drag and drop files to the cd writer icon and they saved to it?

if so then you definitely need Easy CD installed in order to read the CD as its TOC hasn't been writen yet so you comp will see it as blank

timothy44 02:05 06 Jan 03

if I reinstall easy cd and they load up can i put them permenantly back on my computer then download them with xp? when i insert a blank disc what instruction do i follow? "create a writable folder" or create a disc using veritas record now dx?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…