help! lost documents drive on reinstall

broggs 19:55 31 Jul 06

help!
I've just installed wijndows xp home overe a very unstable xp pro and have lost my docs drive.
before I installed it I had c drive (ntfs and a d drive (fat for some reason i dont know)

on install i booted from cd and it said it was formatting just c.
it installed ok but now d drive is not visible

help please

Strawballs 19:59 31 Jul 06

Go to control panel > admin Tools and look for drive manager (I think that's what it is called I am at work on a break at the moment and we run win 2000 here and I can't go and Check) you should be able to find and reactivate it from there.

broggs 20:08 31 Jul 06

have looked on drive manager but all i can find is c (ntfs)

broggs 21:00 31 Jul 06

on looking in my computer, there is a c drive the e and f for the cd drives but no d drive.

RobCharles1981 21:02 31 Jul 06

Just a thought have you checked that your hard drives in your case to see the if the cables might have come loose??

broggs 21:05 31 Jul 06

only one hard drive which was partitioned as c and d.

broggs 09:16 01 Aug 06

woohooo! have found a program that has found my files.

click here

boohoo! its £40 to unlock it and save my files.

ah well...you learn by your mistakes.my boss will be happpy now as it was his pc.

broggs 10:55 27 May 07

aha. found the problem.
I used a repair disk which says that all files WILL be deleted and that a full backup of files should be done.
My fault for rushing.

xania 11:00 27 May 07

If your files are that important you should back them up regularly - not just when upgrading. What would you do if your Hard Disk crashed?

broggs 11:10 27 May 07

fair comment xania.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…