Help looking for wide angle Digital camera.

bda72 23:33 16 Mar 03

A friend has asked me to look for a digital camera that has a wide angle lense, equivalent of 28mm or less, for taking picture of the inside of houses. He needs these pictures to be of good quality as they will be used to try and sell the houses he is showing.

So far, after very little searching, he has found a sony digital camera for £700 or so that met his needs but surely there is something out there for less that will do what he needs. Any ideas?

Many Thanks

Barry.

Cordy13 23:42 16 Mar 03

Have a trawl through here click here

temp003 02:24 17 Mar 03

Your friend will have to go for the higher end digicams, and even then there are only a handful: Minolta Dimage 7, 7i, 7Hi, Nikon Coolpix 5000, and there may be a Kodak.

One solution is to buy a digicam for which you can add an adapter lens. They tend to be higher end cameras themselves anyway. You'll have to take into account the cost of the add-on lens (and lens adapter if needed).

I think you can buy a lens adapter and then a wide-angle lens for the Nikon Coolpix 775 and 885. No idea how much this will all add up to.

A cheaper solution may be to take the pictures with conventional SLR cameras, then have the film or pictures scanned to digital files.

Stuartli 08:29 17 Mar 03

Unless you find a digital camera model with a threaded lens that can take a wide angle converter lens, one solution would be the Cokin adapter.

This can be fitted using the camera's tripod socket and holds the wide angle (or telephoto) lens coverter over the primary camera lens.

But best of all is an SLR type with interchangeable lens; these can house an individual wide angle or a zoom with wide angle to telephoto range.

If your friend already has an SLR such as one by Nikon etc., then purchasing just a digital camera body by the particular marque would enable the base camera's lenses to be used.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…