Help from Linux/Windows users

Winston Churchill 20:18 24 May 03

Helo again and this is my second question of the night, and i must say thanks to the help that everybody on the forums has given me throught the six mounths that i have been posting here, your combined advice is second to none, but to my problem, I have a computer running XP Pro and one that just up until recently run Linux Mandrake 9.0 but now 9.1, i was wondering if there is a pice of software out there that i can install from linux that would allow me to install XP Pro on the Linux Machine and on startup allow me to select which OS i wanted to use?

Thanks for any posts, also i am feeling rather pleased with myself at the moment because i have just finnished my first program that does not crash my computer!!!

Thanks again for any posts on the matter.

Tom.

zanwalk 22:10 24 May 03

Partition Magic is the program you require, as it will recognise (and create, resize, etc.,) Ext2 Linux partitions. You will not be able to install it under Linux, however, running it from floppies will work fine. You may also be able to create a Fat32 partition with Mandrake, although I am not sure about that, certainly Mandrake will resize Fat32 partitions.

Winston Churchill 11:05 25 May 03

is there anyway I could get this software to run under Linux, I have mandrake 9.1 and my spec is a Celeron 2.0ghz 512mb ram, 40gb hard drive and a geforce 2 ultra.

Thanks for the post, will go get partition magic from a shop now.

zanwalk 19:26 26 May 03

Apologies for the delay in replying.

Assuming that you have PM now, you will need to create the rescue floppies in a Windows system, there is no way that you can install this program to Linux.

Before making any changes to any system do make sure that you have backups of any important data, this is imperative as changing sizes of partitions can lose all your data, it doesn't normally happen, but if you have not backed up it probably will...!

Hope it all goes OK.

Stuy 20:59 26 May 03

It is easier to do it the other way around.XP first then Linux and use LiLo or Grub to boot.

There are partition managers for linux that maybe
you can try but the booting of linux will have to be reconfigured.

Stuy 21:00 26 May 03

It is easier to do it the other way around.XP first then Linux and use LiLo or Grub to boot.

There are partition managers for linux that maybe
you can try but the booting of linux will have to be reconfigured.

Winston Churchill 14:58 01 Jun 03

Now it is my turn to say sorry for the delay in thnaking all of you. (I Originally used Rayburns Method then Stuys by accident as I was messing around with settings) But I don't want to know how to change it back as personally I think that the Lilo looks better than boot magic, but thanks to all of you, as together you have really been very helpful, sorry for the late thanks as I have been playing around in linux.

Tom.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…