Help with Linux - GParted

secret squirrell 21:23 PM 08 Nov 12

Can someone advise me what is wrong, I'm trying to open this software and it just briefly shows its GUI, and then disappears, what can I do?

secret squirrell 21:43 PM 08 Nov 12

Found out what's causing it, it doesn't like my USB Stick... if I remove that, then GParted will start! That's no good as I want to re size the partitions on the stick, and as soon as I re connect it, GParted closes and I get the warning "Daemon is inhibited" What to do?

LastChip 12:47 PM 09 Nov 12

You could try Parted Magic. It's still based on GParted, but your issue is almost certainly the recognition of your USB stick, and that's quite a common issue. It seems some makes of USB stick are fine, while others are not and I've no idea why. It maybe however, as GParted is the root of both applications, it suffers the same problem. Probably worth a try though.

secret squirrell 14:41 PM 09 Nov 12

Thanks LastChip, sorry For not responding sooner but I don't seem to be getting notifications. When I said that it didn't like my stick, it wasn't the stick per-se but the content and current partitioning it was unable to cope with! I re-formatted it and repeated the process allowing a little more room for the partitions, rather than sliding the marker directly up against the content. GParted then worked as good as gold!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay