Help with Linux =[

Re-staw 18:59 25 Dec 08

Hi, first of all merry Xmas =]

second of all, got a netbook today and am very pleased with it but i am completely new to the Linux operating system and so i was wondering a few things.

Why cant i install anything, i keep getting errors whenever i try to install any file, such as aMSN and other popular Linux programs.

I get "The patch file does not available" and sometimes after a download il open and it will go into Xarchiver and when i try to extract i get another error, it seems i cant install anything!

Please help, also what is this terminal jargon i keep hearing, lines of code that have to entered??

Re-staw 19:06 25 Dec 08

Its Linpus linux, seriously cant install anything, im not trying to install .exe or any other windows apps either.

they say Linux compatable, i download.. and yet i get errors, not one single thread out there with information on this, uselesssssssss

LastChip 23:05 25 Dec 08

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…