Help with LinkSys and networking

geewis357 20:00 14 May 07

Hi All
I have resently bought a Linksys Wireless-G ADSL Gateway wag540s v 1.1 it has 4 ports and at present I am using only 3. The trouble is that I have a conection with the two desltop pc's but the laptop wont conect to the other 2, the good news is all 3 are conecting to the internet. I want to use the printer that conects to a desktop.

Many thanks

Strawballs 22:41 14 May 07

Run the network wizard (not wireless) on all 3 machines and set them up for file and printer shareing and if the laptop still won't see the other 2 it could be a firewall blocking it.

geewis357 22:51 14 May 07

Thanks Strawballs,
I have found part of the prob, I did not have the wizard to play with. The laptop used to be on a domain, I have now killed this off but after running the wiz I still cannot see the other two ps's

Strawballs 22:18 15 May 07

Check to see if you have any firewalls on the PC's that may be blocking your network make sure they are set to alow your network traffic you could try turning them off just to see if this is the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…