HELP!! Linksys BEFSR41

petitewun 12:53 04 Feb 05

Hi,
We use the above mentioned router to share our broadband connection!
the other day we had a power cut!
since then our router will not power up! the power light flashes and none of the other lights come on.
I have tried to update the firmware but that isnt working due to the power (i think)
any idea why this has happened?
Is it had it? do we have to go and buy another router? any help is appreciated

thanks in advance

Newuser4165 13:19 04 Feb 05

Have you tried resetting it by inserting the end of a paper clip into the reset hole situated near the row of lights on the front?

SEASHANTY 13:27 04 Feb 05

......and please let us know the outcome. My BEFSR41 has now been working faultlessly for around 2.5 years now linking three PC's on NTL cable BB with standalone modem. I've never had to press the "reset" so curious to know if it works OK. I'm not going to press it whilst this is working so well.

petitewun 17:56 04 Feb 05

Hi,
hanks for replying.
Yes I have tried resetting it more than once still dont work!
think am gonna need a new one!
unles you no different!????????

britto 18:37 04 Feb 05

did you try holding the reset button in for more than 30sec's

SEASHANTY 21:25 04 Feb 05

You could try Linksys support. Explain what happened in an email. They are usually fairly quick with response to queries click here

Ivor_Monkey 22:57 04 Feb 05

I think you need to get the sequcne of moden, outer and pc right.
It is something like: switch off pc, unplug power from cable modem and router. Wait 30 secs.

POwer up cable moden -wait until fully on ; plug in router and wait till fully on and then switch on pc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…